Dangers of Hydrogen sulfide
Hydrogen sulfide is a toxic gas that can be found in groundwater¹. It has been linked to a range of different health complaints¹. Elevated levels of hydrogen sulfide can put local ecosystems under threat¹. When hydrogen sulfide is suspended in water, it can be corrosive³. Over time, this can significantly reduce the lifespan of wastewater solutions at the facility, which in turn leads to expensive replacement and repair work³. If corrosion goes unchecked, leakages, collapses, and other malfunctions can occur, putting human life at risk³.
(1) The Dangers of Hydrogen Sulfide in Wastewater - Chemtech International. https://bing.com/search?q=dangers+of+hydrogen+sulfide+in+ground+water.
(2) The Dangers of Hydrogen Sulfide in Wastewater - Chemtech International. https://chemtech-us.com/the-dangers-of-hydrogen-sulfide-in-wastewater-and-how-to-overcome-this/.
(3) Drinking Water Contaminant – Sulfur, hydrogen sulfide. https://drinking-water.extension.org/drinking-water-contaminant-sulfur-hydrogen-sulfide/.
(4) Hydrogen sulfide and public health - Department of Health. https://www.health.wa.gov.au/Articles/F_I/Hydrogen-sulfide-and-public-health.
(5) Hydrogen Sulfide (Rotten Egg Odor) in Water Wells - Penn State Extension. https://extension.psu.edu/hydrogen-sulfide-rotten-egg-odor-in-water-wells.
(6) Hydrogen Sulfide | Public Health Statement | ATSDR. https://wwwn.cdc.gov/TSP/PHS/PHS.aspx?phsid=387&toxid=67.